Service Installation Error

Jul 7, 2014 at 10:17 PM
Hi,

I've a problem when trying to install as a service.
When I run my exe with "/c" it's ok no problem.
But with I try "/install" I've got an error :
"No public installers with the RunInstallerAttribute.Yes attribute could be found".

And the service isn't installed.
Can you help me.

I'm using Atlas 1.8.0.0 with Autofac 3.5.0.0
Coordinator
Jul 16, 2014 at 2:20 PM
Hi Alcatraz,

I'm sorry for the delay getting back to you. If this is still an issue, can you please tell me which OS you are running? If it happens to be Windows 8+ or Server 2012+ make sure the command prompt is running with elevated privileges.

You can ignore the "No public installers..." error. I'll be submitting an update to Atlas to remove that issue.

Thanks!
Jul 17, 2014 at 9:07 AM
Hi,

thanks for the reply.
After restarting the machine the service appeared in the list (without re-installation). And it works.
Perhaps the uninstallation of a service that had blocked the install windows system?
Anyway it works fine now (and i'm using windows 8).
Coordinator
Jul 17, 2014 at 2:47 PM
I'm glad it is working fine for you. When you did the installation, did you have the services.msc open? If so, you may have been experiencing a bug/issue in Windows' services.msc that has been around as long as I can remember. When installing/uninstalling a service with this window open, sometimes it doesn't appear to be installed/uninstalled. Refreshing the list doesn't fix it. You have to close the window and re-open it, and sometimes reboot. This is nothing Atlas specific, I experience this regularly in other services too.

Let me know if you have any feature suggestions. Atlas has been around for a while without many (or any) enhancements. I'm looking forward to building an Atlas 2.0 soon and would like to know if any of my users want/need anything.

Thanks!